Monday, February 10, 2014

Amaretto stone sour

Well today I am trying one of my Mom's favorite drinks. The Amaretto Stone Sour. Which, knowing what amaretto tastes like, sweet and kind of "cherryish", I was a little nervous about it all.

It was a very long week for me and to say that I was looking forward to this, despite my initial skepticism. But regardless of what I thought it was time to assemble the Avengers, ahem, I mean the alcohol.



An Amaretto Stone sour consists of three different things, not exactly complicated. It is just equal parts of everything.  I have Master of Mixes for the Sweet and Sour mix, I really like this brand of mixes. I've used it a lot, especially for margaritas and it just tastes really good. They have a whole line of different mixes so you can really get creative. I have the left over from the Goombays orange juice. Lucky me, I didn't have to go to the store for this one. And I already had the Amaretto, which is Di Amore. It's really good and not horribly expensive. Plus I happen to love the bottle. It's textured and has a square lid. Awesome.


I decided to do roughly two ounces each, I was a little nervous about how much I could fit in my awesome shaker, but two ounces each worked amazing.

I really enjoyed this drink. Its not to strong so you can drink a lot of them.


I personally really like amaretto. It's so tasty and it smells nice and has a really nice color.


This is the finished product. It's not the prettiest drink in the world but it makes up for that in taste. Enjoy and Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment